Northwestern Ontario Employment Opportunities
Iron Range Bus Lines operates buses and coaches throughout Northwestern Ontario and has been a leading employment provider since 1940. Employment as a bus driver is a rewarding experience that provides opportunities to interact with the community. Through respect and understanding, we are able to provide the communities we serve with drivers that are friendly and dependable.
We provide in house training and will guide you through the process of becoming a professional bus driver. Give us a call today to get started immediately.
As our ridership increases, our fleet must expand to accommodate and that means we need drivers with the following qualities:
- Clean driving record
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working with children
Our drivers require the following before they are eligible for employment at Iron Range Bus Lines:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Meet medical and vision standards
- Not be classed as a probationary or novice driver
- Not have accumulated more than six demerit points on his/her driving record
- Not have had a driver's licence under suspension at any time within the preceding 12 months as a result of having been convicted or found guilty of: driving under suspension; speeding over 50 km above the limit; careless driving; racing on a highway; leaving the scene of a collision; a Criminal Code of Canada offence committed by means of a motor vehicle or while driving or having care and control of a motor vehicle; flight from police
- Not have been convicted or found guilty within the preceding five years of two or more offences under the Criminal Code of Canada, committed on different dates by means of a motor vehicle, or while driving or having care and control of a motor vehicle
- Not have been convicted or found guilty within the preceding five years under section 4 or 5 of The Narcotic Control Act of Canada
- Not have been convicted or found guilty within the preceding five years of certain sexual or morals offences under the Criminal Code of Canada
- Not have been convicted or found guilty of any offence for conduct that affords reasonable grounds for believing that he/she will not properly perform his/her duties, or is not a proper person to have custody of children;
Further information on becoming a school bus driver can be found at the Ministry of Transportation's website.
We are currently recruiting school bus drivers in all our locations. If you are interested in becoming a school bus driver or would like more information about working for Iron Range Bus Lines, please call our head office in Thunder Bay at 1-866-345-7388 or anyone in our local offices.